Norglenwold was the first Summer Village to be created on Sylvan Lake, formed in 1965. Originally the community was very lineal, developing along the lake from East (Northey Point) to West (Lyle Landing). More recently Sylvan Harbour Estates was developed adjacent to the Town of Sylvan Lake's Marina Bay estates and the area known as "Last Chance Way" was annexed west of Lyle Landing in 1973. Seasonal cabins date back to the 1920's and 1930's. The name Norglenwold was derived from three or four early subdivisions: Nor (Northey Point), Glen (Glen-Innes) and Wold (Whitewold Beach).